Outfits Inspiration cute life Links

Tuesday 22 April 2014

THESE BOOTS ARE MADE FOR WALKIN'



The sun is sneaking off to bed earlier. There is an iciness to the air in the morning and my electric blanket got flicked on for the first time a few nights ago. I say this every year and will no doubt continue to say it but - what happened to summer? I have been in Melbourne for 7 years now and I still haven't acclimatised to the weather. A Melbourne summer seems to consist of a sweltering few weeks that can only be survived by late night beach trips and hanging out in the frozen section in the supermarket; and a smatter of perfect sunny days that fall only during the working week.
Winter on the other hand hangs around like a bad smell. As someone who would much rather invest in summer clothes, the practical side of me knows that my money should be going towards coats and boots. Last winter I scraped by without purchasing a new pair of boots because I just couldn't find anything I liked. Every shelf seemed to be filled with the same pointy-toed, lace-up pixie boots that I tried to love but all I could picture was Witchy Poo from HR Puff 'n' Stuff. The year before I had lived in my Chanel inspired biker boots and it was (faux) Suede  over the knee the year before that. 
I have now learnt that sneakers and bed socks just don't invoke the same toastie warm magic that a great pair of boots do and are completely useless in pouring rain. This year I am starting the perfect boot search early and these are my favourites so far:




 







  










          

No comments:

Post a Comment